Our trip to China

Monday, January 10, 2005

Quick update

Monday, 10:45 pm

Not a whole lot happened yesterday (Sunday). Our group had dinner at the local "almost American" restaurant and afterwards I had a brief conversation with Peter, our Chinese guide. We talked about his testimony and a little about what God's called him to do in the future. I am very encouraged by stories of how God touches people's lives under such oppressive circumstances. I still want to talk to him about the underground church and what it's like being a Christian in China. He's a very outgoing person and I really enjoy listening to him talk.

Today (Monday) our group went to the zoo and aquarium, then ate at McDonald's (yippee?) and then went to the friendship store (basically a government run department store). Angie, Melissa, and I went out shopping again on the streets around the hotel. It was fun and Melissa made friends with one of the shop keepers named Lucy. She's 18 and speaks English moderately well. They played badminton on the sidewalk while Angie and I looked for interesting things to bring back.


Sorry this is so short. We're all tired and need to get to sleep now. One of us will be sure to post more soon.

On the other side of the world,
Dave

PS Chloe's doing great. She's making more sounds now (sometimes it sounds like mama and dada). I'm very pleased and astounded to see the improvement she makes every day. Also, we don't have news on the tickets yet. The agency in Washington should be opening soon, so I expect to here something Tuesday morning.

1 Comments:

  • We really want you all to come home soon, however, I know I'm not alone in feeling that we are going to miss these updates from you all. It's kind of like a reality show in the making; along the lines of The Amazing Race. I think Angie should consider writing a book. Her story about the orphanage was heart wrenching. Glad to hear Chloe is doing so well. I'm sure her and Melissa will have a special bond which is nothing short of wonderful What an adventure for you all. Sally J.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 10, 2005 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home